All businesses start out fresh in the world of marketing. This is why I’m talking about online marketing for beginners.
Most businesses that are successful use various marketing methods to attract customers to their products or services. Wise business owners and managers develop marketing plans. These plans outline the road maps that help them achieve their short and long-term goals. Most strategies that are used include such details as:
- how to develop new products or services
- how to distribute products
- what methods of promotion are applied
- how to manage customer relationships
Big companies typically already have in place the marketing strategies and know-how to put them into action. But too many small business owners misunderstand what the proper definition of a marketing strategy. They attach the term to a specific marketing practice such as an advertising campaign.
A Marketing strategy is a plan that has an attainable goal.
An ad campaign is one of the strategies that make the marketing strategy successful.
This is why an approach to successful marketing plan needs to have one or many goals. It should that tie up or combine all advertising efforts and marketing activities into a comprehensive strategy. The goal here is to attract and keep customers.
For new business owners who are learning How To Be Successful As A Marketing Beginner, there’s no need to be concerned about coming up with overly complex strategies to market products or services. It’s possible to create strategies based on ideas that have already proven to work. Here are some basic examples that work well in terms of marketing for beginners in business. These are experienced business people who are branching out into something new.
Marketing Beginner: The Product Strategy
When you define a product strategy, you can determine what direction your product or service efforts go (or are going). To help you define your product strategy, ask yourself these questions:
- What can you identify as a need in your own marketplace that you would like to answer?
- Specifically what product or service are you selling?
- Who are the specific people whom you need to focus on in terms of selling? This is one area of marketing for beginners that many business owners fail to be specific enough about.
- In terms of value, what will your customers receive by doing business with you? And this is not just about price value, but long-term personal value-something that makes their lives better over a long period of time.
Marketing for Beginners: The Pricing Strategy
Pricing strategy is something that is based on what it costs to create a physical product or provide a service of some kind. This is also known as cost of goods. And it’s not just the physical materials that fit into the cost of goods; you also have to factor in labor costs, salaries, and even commissions when the business involves services rather than product sales. Marketing for beginners heavily relies on a good marketing strategy, and that strategy should take the following into account:
- Costs that are both fixed and variable
- Who the competition in the marketplace is and what they’re doing
- The overall short and long-term objectives of the company
- Who the target group of customers is and what they are willing to pay for the product and/or service.
Marketing for Beginners: The Promotion Strategy
Any product or service, no matter how good it is, is worthless in the marketplace. What makes the product or service have value is how the value is communicated to their customers. The promotion strategy should contain a mix of different elements and can include:
- Print advertising
- Broadcast (radio and/or TV) advertising
- Direct mail marketing
- Personal networking
- Internet marketing
Another method that does quite well in the How To Be Successful As A Marketing Beginners niche is “inbound marketing”. This involves the use of well-designed websites, blogs and social media networks. This can help the company’s promotional voice to be heard throughout the internet.
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg that can make up an overall plan of marketing for beginners. There is a lot more information and tools to round out a business’s plan to get the customers attention.
If you need help in growing your business, consider starting a blog. If you need help after reading the post, consider taking my email course. This course will break things down and help you get to a place where you can work on your blog, customize it as you see fit, and get it to rank well on all the search engines.